How to use data to increase blog traffic – tips for bloggers
So, you are a blogger. Intending to become THE blogger one day. You’ve read a lot of professional literature on the subject, you are familiar with at least a thousand sites and articles explaining how to be a successful blogger. You’re involved. You’ve got great content. You are well organized. Is that it? No, it’s not if your blog still does not give you what you expected.
There are a lot of opinions on what makes a good blog. But let’s think about what makes it successful.
A successful blog adds value, it is read by loyal audience and it brings income.
It’s that simple. The first point depends on your talent as a writer. The other too are complicated. But using data should help!
One of the most important factors for a successful blogger is data. Analytics is the key point to get you to success. But it’s not so much about getting the data as you already have it if you have a blog, but using it, analysing it and learning from it. It can become a real challenge for many bloggers, so we are here to make smart blogging easy for you!
You’d have to be an IT specialist to pick and use the right kind of information from the tons of it, often given in a not very easy-to-use way.
Well not anymore! Octoboard dashboards will help you get visualised data in user-friendly manner. You don’t have to spend your time making sense of numbers to increase blog traffic.
Where do I get data?
Octoboard has dashboards for different platforms that hold data you have already collected. Just pick the metrics you need and start using them without spending a lot of time trying to make sense of them.
Here are our dashboards for brand monitoring and smart blogging:
- WordPress.COM is a website and a blog engine. If you are already using WordPress engine – try our dashboard to have all the metrics you need – engagement, posts and user actions at hand. Octoboard also provides metrics for WordPress.ORG for users who install WordPress on own servers. All you have to do is pick an Octoboard template, connect to WordPress.COM or WordPress.ORG using your standard login and press “Go”!
- Disqus is a famous blog comment hosting service. Octoboard Disqus dashboard provides beautifully visualised metrics of blog and website comments and author performance – try it now for free!
- Twitter Search dashboard will give you great opportunities to monitor mentions of your brand and personal profile and get results of keywords and hashtag search results displayed. Try Twitter Search dashboard now and get the metrics you need without effort.
- Google News dashboard will also be great for your blog’s success. Enter keywords – a phrase, a competitor name or news topic – and start monitoring latest news provided by Google. This is a useful tool to track mentions of your own brand or blog.
- RSS Feed dashboard displays selected feeds in a widget that keeps you updated. It will definitely be good for you blog! Try it out now!
- Moz builds tools for SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content marketing. Octoboard uses Moz data to provide metrics for Bloggers that cover domain authority, backlink counts and search engine rankings. Use this great tool to monitor your SEO ranking, domain authority, backlink counts and more!
- Alexa is a great tool for web traffic reporting. With our Alexa dashboard, you can monitor your web ranking. You can report web traffic metrics for any domain (not just yours). Make sure you specify the domain in widget configuration panel of Alexa dashboard.
All in all, you already have the data, what you need is start using it. To enable you to do so Octoboard has created dashboards that definitely simplify the road to success for smart bloggers.